Every well stocked pantry has specific things that are hard to go without. My top 5 happen to be from Trader Joe’s (surprise, surprise) but you can find versions of them at any grocery store. These are great things to have on hand for quick meals or to spruce up boring ones.
Counting down from 5:
5. Spray Coconut Oil: Talk about a super universal product. This replaces any spray cooking oil I ever use to purchase. Nothing sticks when using this spray and it smells super good! Coconut oil has a higher smoking temperature than other oils so it makes the perfect cooking oil.
4. Chia Seeds: Chia seeds make an excellent addition to any smoothie, yogurt, or pudding. They add fiber, protein, and fats that help to fill you up and keep you fuller longer. If you have yet to try chia seeds, get with it!
3. Chicken and/or Vegetable Broth: I love that Trader Joe’s sells all of their broths in cardboard boxes that can be resealed and keep great in the fridge. They’re ingredients are a step above any other store bought broth. I use the Free Range Organic Chicken Broth all of the time to spruce up vegetables or for a salty snack. When eating low carb it is important to get enough salt in your diet and this is a great way to bump up your sodium intake.
2. Hot Sauce: Specifically, Trader Joe’s Habanero Hot Sauce. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way! Hot sauce is a great way to change up your everyday meat and vegetable meal. Trader Joe’s has a few different varieties and they are all delicious! Add some hot sauce to my Tuna Burgers to, as Emeril would say, kick it up a notch.
1. Chili and lime Cashews: BEST. SNACK. EVER. Beware, you will be addicted. These cashews are not only the perfect snack but they are a fun addition to stir fry’s and salads. They are spicy and citrusy and oh so good. If you cannot get your hands on these exact cashews, plain cashews make a great salad and meal addition as well. Its an easy way to rev up your fats and flavor in a dish!
Coconut Cream: I would be lying if I said this was not a staple in my pantry. Its actually the number one thing I always have (if it is in stock at Trader Joe’s). Though, I use it in so many recipes, I think you guys get the idea.
Tip: Trade out your heavy cream in your coffee for some coconut cream. Yum!
What are some of your pantry staples?